Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I have got the auction bug!

And I am not even talking about Ebay, although I am a big fan of Ebay as well, to be honest.

But no, this time I am referring to actual, old fashioned auctions. You see, I never realized you can find very chic items indeed at auctions too. I mean, you should see some of the jewelry for sale in the auctions I have been going to!

But as a newbie at auctions, I decided to not start with the expensive jewelry, but rather to go for smaller pieces to begin with, like this vintage Hermes ashtray:
I was quite pleased to be the winning bidder on this one, as I have seen people use these gorgeous ashtrays for jewelry storing purposes (Rachel Zoe is perhaps the person who is best known for doing this), and I thought I would do the same, as I am planning on finally getting myself a pretty vanity for our bedroom. And what would look prettier on it than a piece of Hermes?

No comments:

Post a Comment