Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This is not my idea of a good time



I'm the kind of person who doesn't do basics very well. If I could choose, I'd be shopping for colorful, sparkly one-of-a-kind pieces all the time. Buying basics (and by that I mean timeless pieces that remind me of stuff I already sort of have) has always bored me a little bit.
However, I do wear a lot of basics. I'm not the kind of person who plans my outfits religiously weeks in advance or anything, so a lot of the time, basics is what I reach after early in the morning when I really don't want to be thinking of anything clothing related at all.
So how do you solve this puzzle of not liking shopping for basics while loving wearing them?

I do it by shopping in bulk for all sorts of basics I could possibly need once or twice a year.
That way, I can shop for stuff I actually enjoy shopping for, during the rest of the year and still manage my wardrobe every morning.

For the past few years, my shopping trip while on a basics hunt has included a rather long visit to American Apparel (a store I don't visit regularly otherwise) and by the looks of their website I think I will be going there this year again.
Now the question is... does a circle scarf qualify as a basic or not?
(pics from American Apparel)

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I think a circle scarf qualifies as a basic! It's solely CHIC FABULOUS like this post!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have the circle scarf in gray its crazy huge if its the same one...It can double as a scarf, dress, skirt....lol, its huge, but I kinda love it. I take it on airplane rides and its like a full body blanket. xoxo cant wait to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a basic!
    i have one in cream and i love it so much :)

    thanks for dropping by my blog ^^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish AA wasn't so overpriced over here :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I prefer the second look....so Carrie and also so beautiful!

    Many kisses and thanks so much for passing by!!

    ReplyDelete